Electrical Testing Technician
Southwest Energy Systems is looking for a motivated NETA Level III Technician with a minimum of five years verifiable experience working with low and medium voltage equipment. If you are looking for an employer who fosters a team-oriented, supportive environment and you prefer to stick with that employer long-term, send your resume to us!
Expertise in the following areas is required:
- Power transformers, power circuit breakers, grounding, multiple cable testing techniques, ground faults, and automatic transfer switches.
- Knowledge and experience working in high voltage substations (high yards) is desirable. This includes testing SF6 and oil circuit breakers, transformers, HV switches, surge arrestors, yard functionals, CT and PT circuit checks, and control house functionals.
- Experience with protective power relays is a plus.
- Having the ability to plan, organize, execute, and close out projects of this nature while leading a team of up to 12 others is also highly desirable.
- The successful applicant must be able to report for work every day in the Phoenix office or on job site locations as required.
- This position requires work at job sites located throughout the western United States which may extend for several days at a time. Although we try to find work as close to home (Phoenix) as possible, seldom to occasional travel is sometimes necessary.
- Performing work on weekends and holidays is often required.
- All applicants must have a basic understanding of electrical systems and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Transportation and a valid driver’s license are required.
- All applicants must also successfully pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Southwest Energy Systems offers competitive compensation and benefit packages which include health and dental insurance, HRA, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k). Relocation assistance may be available for the most highly qualified technicians. We also provide excellent opportunities for continued training and advancement.
If you are looking for a long-term employer who fosters a team-oriented, supportive environment send us an email with your resume with a cover letter