Power System Engineer
Southwest Energy Systems is looking for a motivated Power System Engineer with experience in Power System Study Engineering. Applicant’s required education includes a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. If you are looking for an employer who fosters a team-oriented, supportive environment and you prefer to stick with that employer long-term, send your resume to us!
Expertise in the following areas is required:
- Perform power system studies including ground fault settings, short circuit, and simple protective device coordination. Also assists other engineers with power system studies.
- Perform electrical power system documentation including system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- In-depth experience and expertise in NEC compliance. Also assist compliance engineers with NRTL field listing of equipment and feasibility studies.
- May perform circuit and system measurements and write reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power quality.
- Manages projects assigned to meet critical timelines as agreed upon by supervisor and client. Communicates progress of all projects on a bi-weekly basis to supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with the Engineering Manager, the Sales Team, and the Operations Team, and the General Manager, informing and updating them regularly related to engineering studies and or analysis and customer objectives are met.
- Experience with SKM Power Tools, Easy Power and/or ETAP is a plus
- The successful applicant must be able to report for work every day in the Phoenix office or on job site locations as required.
- This position requires work at job sites located throughout the western United States which may extend for several days at a time.
- Although we try to find work as close to home (Phoenix) as possible, seldom to occasional travel is sometimes necessary.
- All applicants must have a basic understanding of electrical systems and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent written and oral communications in the English language is a necessity. Conversant in Spanish a strong plus.
- Transportation and a valid driver’s license are required. All applicants must also successfully pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Southwest Energy Systems offers competitive compensation and benefit packages which include health and dental insurance, HRA, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k). Relocation assistance may be available for the most highly qualified technicians. We also provide excellent opportunities for continued training and advancement.
If you are looking for a long-term employer who fosters a team-oriented, supportive environment send us an email with your resume with a cover letter.