Power System Engineer II Job description
Southwest Energy Systems is looking for a motivated Power System Engineer II with experience in Power System Study Engineering. Applicant’s required education includes a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. If you are looking for an employer who fosters a team-oriented, supportive environment and you prefer to stick with that employer long-term, send your resume to us!
Expertise in the following areas is required:
- Perform power system studies including ground fault settings, short circuit, and simple protective device coordination. Also assists other engineers with power system studies.
- Perform electrical power system documentation including system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- May perform circuit and system measurements and write reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power quality.
- Manages projects assigned to meet critical timelines as agreed upon by supervisor and client. Communicates progress of all projects on a bi-weekly basis to supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with the Engineering Manager, the Sales Team, and the Operations Team, and the General Manager, informing and updating them regularly related to engineering studies and or analysis and customer objectives are met.
- Experience with SKM Power Tools, Easy Power and/or ETAP is a plus